v0.2.16 "Creature Comforts"Summary: In the 13th update of 2017 Zag teams up with New Blood Interactive, gets an Unreal Developer Grant, and adds almost (or over?) 100 fixes, tweaks, and general polish improvements, including Key Bindings, Screen Resolution Settings, and ULTRA-WIDE support! Check out the vlog to learn more about ALL THE THINGS!
We play Unfortunate Spacemen every Saturday at 11 AM PST! Join our Discord server to take part in the fun! Also, much of this patch consists of changes and fixes from direct community feedback via the Discord server. Excellent.
PC MR Stuff:
- Screen resolution is now selectable in the Settings menu from a dropdown. [NOTE: You can not currently adjust Screen Resolution in Windowed Fullscreen mode - it will simply default to your desktop resolution in this mode.]
- Unfortunate Spacemen now fully supports ultra-wide monitors. There is a new feature in the Settings menu that allows you to set the 3D HUD Distance. If you are using a very wide aspect ratio, use the Helmet HUD Distance From Camera slider in order to make the 3D HUD fit properly on your screen. After that, you're good to go!
- Key Bindings are now editable in the Settings Menu. From this menu, you can change and clear key bindings for various actions in the game. This menu is a work in progress and will require some additional work in the future. [Known Issue: HUD button prompts currently do not change to display your new key bindings.]
- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT to the way interaction priority is handled. Research Samples, Supply Crates, and items are no longer blocked by a lower-priority doorway, meaning you can pick things up if they're in the threshold of the door, without accidentally locking the door.
- XP gain rates have been reduced by about 10% across the board.
- Fixed: Host player can sometimes experience the "EME Launch" whiteout and sound effects when someone else is getting launched.
- Fixed: Sometimes the "Player has left the game" message would not include the player's name and would appear blank.
- Blood splats now attempt to attach to surfaces they splat on, such as moving doors, so they move with the object properly. (Better, not perfect.)
- An animated VOIP icon is now visible on the Warmup Screen (bottom left) when speaking.
- The helmet HUD now takes up more of the screen, and is closer to the edges of the screen in general. (At its default distance.)
- "View Task Details" in the top right now simply reads as "Details"
- Several HUD elements and HUD messages (including Crosshair) that pop up or on-screen during game are now hidden the moment the game ends, so the ending screen is much, much cleaner and less cluttered.
- Death sounds now use the same attenuation settings (distance and so on) as the Whistle emote, so death sounds can be heard from a little bit further away.
- The "Task Complete" and "Weapon Unlocking" text has been scaled down slightly to further reduce screen clutter during games.
- Spacemen can no longer perform interaction animations (or "jab" at) Power Switches, Colorblind Virus Jars, and Radio Jammers.
- The Airlock can no longer be "jabbed" (interacted with) when on cooldown, armed, or open.
- Punch Attack Damage has been lowered to 4, from 5.
- Time between Punches has been increased to 0.75 seconds, up from 0.5 seconds.
- Flashlight glare is slightly less bright and is more translucent.
- Flashlights have been optimized for better performance.
- Fixed: Bots sometimes jump around or teleport while shooting at the Monster.
- The Monster now crouches while eating corpses, if not already crouching.
- The Monster now pauses to eat corpses, no longer an instantaneous action.
- If the Monster dies while in Monster Form, there are now unique Monster death sounds, instead of regular Spacemen death sounds.
- Fixed: Parasite egg can latch onto multiple Spacemen instead of depleting after the first victim.
- Fixed: Monster would be shown with the Default Visor, Default Height, and Default Body Type if they disguised as a dead Spaceman.
- Players can no longer switch items while transforming to Monster Form.
- Reduced Monster's interact distance to 300, from 350. (Spacemen interact distance remains at 250.)
- Communication Jam and Colorblindness Virus now has better HUD messages when activated, explaining that the Monster has made this happen, and that it is a temporary effect. Example: "The Monster has temporarily jammed all communication..."
- Colorblind Virus now spreads after 12 seconds after the jar is broken, down from 20 seconds.
- Power outages now better communicate to the Monster what has happened. For example, a Monster with the Nocturnal perk will be told they feel stronger when the power goes out.
- Fixed: One of the Monster's leg tentacles sometimes floats off of the body
- Blast Shield perk icon now has a red X over it once it has been used.
- The Monster Decorpsinator perk now has the added benefit of stealthily removing corpses with no mess or remains left behind.
- Void Beast perk's black hole effect has been very slightly scaled down in size.
- There is now a subtle effect at the feet of someone who has Magnetic Boots activated in an airlock.
- Upon drinking Chocolate Milk, a Spaceman is now consumed by other-worldy particles, and then is teleported to their strange new location in a flash of green. Upon returning, there is another bright flash of green light.
- There is now a failsafe in place in the event a Spaceman gets stuck in the void of space after teleporting with the Chocolate Milk Perk. If you get stuck for more than the normal duration, the server now does a secondary check to get you teleported back correctly after about 6 additional seconds.
- If a Monster is using the Antibodies Perk, Health Syringes no longer force them to transform. Instead, the Health Syringe will lower their Shapeshift Energy by 50. If this causes Shapeshift Energy to hit zero, they are still forced out of their disguise as before. This means Monster's with the Antibodies Perk can survive being Syringed without blowing their cover, as long as their energy isn't below about half.
- When a Ghost falls off the map, they now reset to the nearest spawn point to the location they fell.
- When a Spaceman dies and becomes a Ghost, they now spawn as a Ghost at the nearest spawn point to the location they died.
- An animated VOIP icon is now visible on the Ghost HUD (top right) when speaking.
- Ghosts can now see when Colorblind Virus, Radio Jam, and Power Outage is currently in effect, indicated by icons in the top left of their HUD.
- The size of various text and imagery on the Ghost HUD has been decreased to take up less room.
- Ghosts are now hidden when the game has ended and will no longer show up on the round-end camera.
- The number of other Ghosts (dead players) is now visible in the top right of the Ghost HUD.
- Ghosts can now see who is talking by opening the Player List (F1 key) while dead.
- Fixed: Ghosts sometimes receive many duplicate text chat messages when someone joins the game.
Objectives / Machines:
- Round Time Limit has been changed to 18 minutes long, down from 20.
- Objectives Required now scale based on Player Count.
|| 1-9 Players -- 12 Research Samples, 4 Transmitters, 25 Debris Per Landing Pad
|| 10-14 Players -- 20 Research Samples, 6 Transmitters, 35 Debris Per Landing Pad
|| 15-19 Players -- 26 Research Samples, 8 Transmitters, 42 Debris Per Landing Pad
|| 20+ Players -- 32 Research Samples, 10 Transmitters, 50 Debris Per Landing Pad
- Research Sample HUD waypoints have been scaled down slightly to further reduce screen clutter during games.
- Transmitter HUD waypoints have been scaled down slightly to further reduce screen clutter during games.
- Research Samples now have an improved seal-up animation and some new art when sealed.
- Research Sample lights are slightly less bright and their light has been optimized for better performance.
- All Power Item Canisters start unlocking 30 seconds sooner than before, meaning 90 seconds into the game, instead of 120 seconds.
- Power Item Canisters now show an icon of the weapon unlocking from them.
- Suitcase Nuke has been moved up in the power item unlock order, replacing the Assault Rifle.
- The final Power Item, the second Shotgun, now spawns at the time the Suitcase Nuke previously did.
- The Assault Rifle no longer spawns from a Power Item Canister.
- 1 Assault Rifle will spawn per round at a random, regular item spawn.
- Power Item HUD waypoints have been scaled down slightly to further reduce screen clutter during games.
- Fixed: Night Vision passive noise was too loud and has been reduced in volume.
- The Suitcase Nuke now has collision for bullets and projectiles, but not players. (Projectiles still have no effect on the Nuke itself, by design.)
- The Stun Grenade no longer fully blinds you if you are not looking at it when it detonates.
- The Stun Grenade will now very mildly flash a Monster with the Nictitating Membrane perk. This is simply to better signal that the player was in the radius, but should not effect their visibility.
- Flamethrower and Fire Extinguisher now have improved first person muzzle effects.
- Flamethrowers (and flame residue) are now far more effective and reliable at destroying Monster Eggs.
- Fixed: Thermal images show up after the game and on the Employee of the Month window if the player was using Thermal Vision when the game ended.
- The gear item Scanner has been renamed to Map Scanner, hopefully to better explain to new player's that the map must be open for it to do its passive map scanning effect.
- Lobby quit confirmation text has been refined and made a little less silly... Unfortunately.
- Fixed: The build/version watermark at the top of the screen sometimes duplicates itself or layers multiple instances on top of each other.
- The "Waiting for Players to Load" overlay now has an animated spinner, more descriptive text, a VOIP icon, and better VOIP support during it.
- "Steam is Not Running" message popup has been improved and now includes some steps to fixing this error if encountered.
- Many fonts have been adjusted in the Main Menu and first-time Introduction popup.
- Potential fix in place for Escape Menu getting stuck on screen between rounds in some circumstances.
- Potential fix in place for the rare bug where the Warmup menu can get stuck on screen after the game starts.
- The Server Browser is now a bit more responsive and indicative of what it's trying to do when joining a game.
- There is now a proper "Failed to Join" message when you fail to join a server.
- Fixed: Error message (e.g. Failed to Join, Steam is not Running, etc.) popups now properly gain mouse focus, so you only have to click once to close them.
- Fixed: The Password input text box is now automatically focused by the keyboard when it pops up, so you no longer have to click on the text box.
- All maps now have at least 32 possible Research Sample locations and at least 12 possible Transmitter locations.
- The Experiment: Spacemen are now pushed out of their Subject boxes every 60 seconds.
- The Experiment: There are now small crates next to the ramps that lead up to the upper floor, for easier climbing.
- The Experiment: Added some LOOOOOOOOOOORE...
- Each round, the PA Announcement Systems on Duress and The Experiment will now avoid repeating the same message twice, unless all messages have been heard, which is very unlikely to happen in a single round.
- Echo: Many boxes in hallways have been replaced with newer artwork.
- Echo: There has been a forklift accident in Yellow Hall.
- Echo: Fixed a spot in Blue Hall where Spacemen could wedge themselves in and would be unable to get out by themselves.
- Echo: The Power Switch in the Main Hangar has been removed. (The other 2 Power Switches in the Upper Decks and Engine Room are still present.)
- Echo: All the plants strewn about the station have grown much larger, and some new plants have been added, particularly in the Women's Lavatories and the Barracks.
- Outpost 13: The barrel stack outside of The Freezer now has better collision, making it easier to jump onto.
- Outpost 13: It is now slightly easier to jump out of The Bathroom, as a Monster with Posterior Claws perk. (The inside ledge has been made wider.)
- Recruitment: Potential fix for Outdoor Landing Pad having 1 debris that can not be cleared by players. (Security Guard bots could clear it.)
- Snowswept: The two adjacent rooms in the Command Center are now connected, with the Generator moved into the center.
- Hypertrain: The floors in Thruster Car (Orange Car) have received art improvements.
- Hypertrain: Improved art, details, and furnishings, particularly in the Dining Car (blue car) and Staff Car (yellow car)
- Hypertrain: There is a new roof hole in Dining Car (blue car) that drops down by the airlock and new kitchen area.
- Hypertrain: There have been multiple ramps added on the rooftop areas to allow easier access to the higher walkway on top on the cars without having to go all the way to one end of the train.
- Hypertrain: Added visible oxygen shields and oxygen markings on the roof holes that lead to oxygenated areas.
What's next? I dunno, stuff.