v0.2.15 "Nuke The Bugs"Summary: In the 12th update of 2017 Zag nukes some major bugs, adds ANOTHER map, and two new weapons. One of them is a nuke.
We play Unfortunate Spacemen every Saturday at 11 AM PST! Join our Discord server to take part in the fun! Also, much of this patch consists of changes and fixes from direct community feedback via the Discord server. Excellent.
Change Notes:General Improvements:
- Oxygen decay while Strangulated increased to 2.5x the rate, up from 2x the rate.
- Fixed: Airlock doors can be 'ridden' as they open, often allowing Spacemen into areas they aren't supposed to be, and allowing them to survive instead of being sucked out.
- Fixed: AC Hum sounds on Recruitment and Tutorial were not affected by the Volume Slider.
- Lowered volume slightly on that sweet Spacemen Winning guitar riff.
- Fixed: Escape Menu can get stuck on screen after round is over
- HUGE FIX: Some occupants of the Shuttle are not properly being marked as onboard, getting killed after takeoff when they shouldn't be.
- HUGE FIX: Players sometimes get stuck, unable to spawn (as Spacemen or Ghost), when joining or rejoining a server after the round has started.
- The Monster's Shapeshift Energy now decreases at a little more than double the rate while Strangulated. (1.5 per second, normal rate is 0.6 per second). The Intake Valves Perk will now block the strangulation effect for the Monster as well.
- Fixed: The Monster can no longer burrow on Drop-Bridges.
- Fixed: If the Monster initiates a burrow that forces them to transform into Monster form, a second check now takes place to ensure they do not burrow on a moving object, such as a Drop-Bridge or Tram, once they are transformed.
- Chocolate Milk Perk has been redesigned.
- Chocolate Milk no longer restores any health.
- Chocolate Milk no longer triggers from explosive damage.
- Chocolate Milk now makes you invincible and Electrolocked for a couple seconds, and teleports you to a random (sometimes lethal) location on the map. - All other Chocolate Milk features are pretty much the same as before.
- The Company reminds you to please remain still when experiencing any side-affects of chocolate-flavored space milk.
- Ghosts can now crouch. When crouching, there is now an icon on the HUD to indicate this.
- Spectator/Death cameras now look directly at the body of their target, so if a ragdoll is collapsed on the floor, the camera is looking at it, instead of above it.
Objectives / Machines:
- Round Duration has been increased to 20 minutes, up from 15 minutes.
- Research Samples required to call the Rescue Shuttle has been increased to 12, from 10.
- New Weapon: ROCKET LAUNCHER. The Rocket Launcher spawns from a Power Item Canister after 8 minutes. This weapon launches a single rocket, which travels slowly but directly to its target location. Upon impact, it has similar effects to a slightly more powerful Frag Grenade. This weapon is depleted after a single use, so aim wisely!
- New Gear Item: SUITCASE NUKE. The Suitcase Nuke spawns from a Power Item Canister after 12 minutes. This Gear item is activated by using the 3 key. Upon activation, the Suitcase Nuke is placed on the ground, alerting all players, and will begin beeping. After 20 seconds, the Suitcase Nuke will detonate, destroying Spacemen, Monsters, doors, and cameras, and blowing out airlocks in the blast radius of 700 meters. If the power is not already out, the power will also go out after the Suitcase Nuke detonates. If a player is within the blast radius during countdown, the icon for the Suitcase Nuke will be a skull. If a player is not within the blast radius, it will simply be a nuclear icon.
- The Assault Rifle that spawned after 8 minutes now unlocks after 10 minutes.
- A second Shotgun will unlock from a Power Item Canister when 6 minutes are remaining.
- New Map: THE EXPERIMENT. The Company conducts most of its sensitive testing inside semi-stable hyperholes. These tests are often used to measure the productivity of a new work procedure, to weed out unexpected employee behaviors, or to simply appease Jub'borith the World-Eater for another century or two. You know, the usual stuff.
- Duress: Benches no longer have collision under them, allowing items to be grabbed if they're under a bench.
- Duress: The demolished Bunk room in Station 8 now has a connecting drop-bridge to the destroyed Station 6, for easier travel to and from this station without requiring a tram.
- Duress: The northern Planet Landing Pad and Station 5 now have a lower walkway connecting them, so you can travel across without needing a tram to be there.
- Duress: If Spacemen somehow manage to get stuck inside the rear of the tram, it should now safely place them back into the main passenger area of the tram.
- Duress: Overhead map has been updated to show these new walkways.
- Gardens: Fixed various gaps or seams in the exterior walls.
- Outpost 13: There are now 3 new access points in the roof of the main structure that the Monster (or Spacemen) can use to drop into the building. These are located in the Kennel, the Freezer, and the Bathroom in the Rec Room. These holes are covered by an Oxygen Field, so the rooms still maintain their oxygenation as before. It's worth noting that Monster's with Posterior Claws Perk (increased jump distance) can jump out of all 3 of these holes.
- Outpost 13: New lobby image.
- Outpost 13: Overhead Map has been updated to show the new roof-holes as dotted red lines.
- Recruitment: Obstacle Course "jumping challenge" beams are now a bit easier to get over if you're coming from the opposite direction.
- Recruitment: Shooting Range wall has been lowered very slightly to make it easier to jump over.
- Recruitment: Zzz... added.
- Recruitment: Spacemen can no longer get stuck on the edges of the pit if they're blown out of the airlock.
- Recruitment: Slightly lowered the window frame in the broken-glass hallway, to make it a bit easier to exit the building.
- Recruitment: Oxygen zones should no longer extend above the Glass Halls, if a Spaceman manages to get onto the roof.
- Recruitment: The stairway in the Obstacle Building now has oxygen.
- Spaceburbia: Some exterior walls of Green and Blue house has received improved art, and all the rooftops have been colored to match the house for better identification.
What's next? Polish! That means Key Bindings, better ultra-wide support, and a bunch more! Probably no more new weapons, at least not for awhile. Something big next week, too.