NEW 0.2.12a HOTFIX 1
- Fixed major build issue. A bunch of missing meshes/new artwork is now properly in place instead of being invisible.
- Fixed major build issue. Tidal Lock, Outpost 13, Gardens, and possibly other maps now have been properly updated to their 0.2.12 version, instead of their old 0.2.11 versions.
- Updated artwork on Supply Crates in Lobby scene.
- Monster Claw Damage has been lowered, from 11 to 8.
- Monster Claw Damage gained per kill has been lowered from 3 to 2.
- VOIP Proximity Chat range has been extended to 3500 (35 meters) from 3000 (30 meters)
- Research Samples that are reset while on a Tram are no longer still attached to the Tram from afar.
- Ghosts should no longer fall through Trams.
- Ghosts now properly reset to a RANDOM spawn point if they far off a ledge/into space, instead of resetting to the same one each time.
v0.2.12 "Boarding Pass"Summary: In the 9th and almost certainly largest update of 2017, Zag brings you proximity chat, a new tram-based map called Duress, 2 new weapons, and a WHOLE space-load more! Watch the vlog and read on for more of those juicy details!
We play Unfortunate Spacemen every Saturday at 11 AM PST! Join our Discord chat to take part in the fun! Also, much of this patch consists of changes and fixes from direct community feedback via the Discord server. Excellent.
VOIP Change: Proximity Chat
- Voice chat has undergone a massive change that will drastically alter gameplay.
- Voice chat is activated by holding down the CAPS LOCK key.
- Voice chat now emits from the Spacemen (and Monster) character itself, meaning you can only hear one another if you are within roughly 30 meters. This means you can privately converse if you are far enough away from other people, but also means you can no longer call for help from across the map. This is a large change and should bring some creeping loneliness into the game.
- If you are using the Camera System, you can NOT hear local chat around you. You CAN however, hear any local chat around the camera, allowing you to eavesdrop on people.
- If you are using a GPS Locator (renamed Buddy System in this patch) then you and the other user can communicate with one another across the map. If you deactivate YOUR Buddy System, you can still receive long-range communication from your buddy, but do not broadcast long-range to them. In short, deactivate your Buddy System if you want to hide from the other person using it.
- Ghosts can communicate across the map, and hear proximity chat, but can not communicate with any of the Spacemen they are spectating.
- Lobby, Warmup (Loadout Selection), and Postgame Scoreboard chat is global, allowing everyone to communicate freely with one another during these times.
- There is now a volume slider in the Settings menu for Voice Chat, because Full Out was relentless about it. This volume slider will determine how loud other players are.
- [Known Issue] Voice chat does not currently working during the "Waiting for Players to Load" screen. You are welcome to talk to yourself, if you'd like.
- [Known Issue] VOIP audio is not currently spatialized, meaning directionality is not currently in place. This is planned for a future update.
New Map: DURESS
- Like many of Roger's asteroids, Asteroid A7-PDLC has nearly been depleted of all its valuables, leaving its lightly-staffed mining facilities a hollow labyrinth of tunnels and tramways reaching throughout its cold body.
- Duress takes place on an asteroid in the ringed mining fields of Roger, a large gas giant in the Home system. This hollow asteroid is networked by tunnels, staffing facilities, and tramways that connect its eight distinct stations to one another. This is the first map to feature an automated PA system, a tram system, oxygen fields, and a distinct clockwise travel route.
- Trams and Stations are typically oxygenated but the Tramway itself is not. Keep an eye on your oxygen status when exploring this new map!
- Transmitters per round has now been increased to 8, from 6.
- The Overhead Map no longer changes to the color of the team you are.
- Overhead Maps can feature full color images, including color-coded regions. Some maps may not yet be color-coded fully or may still be black and white.
- All Overhead Map images are now higher contrast with less clutter and unnecessary detail on them, to make walls and your position more obvious at a glance.
- Punching now checks line of sight to target. If there is no line of sight, the target will not be hit.
- Fixed: Punching could hit targets through walls, doors, or thin glass.
- Follow Me Emote has been removed.
- All lines from the Follow Me Emote have been added to the Let's Go Emote, since these two emotes were fairly redundant.
- Lock The Door Emote has been removed.
- Whistle Emote has been added. (NUMPAD . KEY) This is an Emote that features a whistle, hearable from a longer distance than other emotes. Used best for signaling others, intimidation, whistling while you work, or just annoying your co-workers.
- Love Emote has been added. (NUMPAD 1 KEY) BO-O-OING! 😉
- Security Guards (Bots) now do a few more emotes than before.
- Security Guards (Bots) have been given additional text lines they can say.
- Fixed: Portrait "Avatars" in the bottom left (especially when green-colored) sometimes have a weird or ugly "greenscreen" effect. (Thanks abxyxx for the tip on fixing this one!)
- How to Play Guide has been updated with some imagery. Still a work in progress.
- The Lobby Map Picker now has smaller buttons, so you don't have to do as much (or currently, any) scrolling to see the list of maps.
- Fixed: Sometimes the Escape Menu can get stuck on screen, or lock a user out of their controls for the remainder of the round.
- Fixed: Tooltip for "No Power Weapons" on the Host Match Settings screen shows the wrong tooltip.
- Fixed: Spacemen Tutorial keycard section gets skipped instantly.
- The Monster Claw Attack now checks line of sight to target. If there is no line of sight, the target will not be hit.
- Fixed: Punching could hit targets through walls, doors, or thin glass.
- When burrowed, Claw Damage is no longer shown. Instead, the text reads "BURROW TRAP"
- The Acid Bomb and Parasite Egg now place directly at the Monster's feet instead of in front of the Monster. The Monster is laying an egg, after all...
- Fixed: Monster could sometimes place Parasite Eggs or Acid Bombs inside or through walls.
- Acid Bombs and Parasite Eggs are now unable to be triggered for 2 seconds after being placed.
- The Monster must now have its feet on the ground in order to dodge. (Note: Void Beast Blink is still useable in the air.)
- Fixed: If Host and Monster, Murderers are not properly outlined after they kill an Innocent Spaceman.
- Fixed: If Host alone in a practice round, bots are not properly outlined after killing the first one.
- Fixed: Acid Bomb and Parasite Eggs still show undestroyed state if they were destroyed before the player joined the server.
- Perk Selection screen is now much cleaner and makes a little more sense.
- FIXED: You can no longer select the same perk twice on the Perk Selection screen.
- Security Guard perk has been renamed to Janitor. TIME TO TAKE OUT THE SPACE TRASH.
- The Perk selection screen now has more tidy and detailed Spacemen Perk descriptions.
- Most perks have new or updated icon art.
- If you save a Perk Loadout with any empty Perk slots, you will now be warned about this before saving the loadout.
- Acid Monster reflex (splashing acid on nearby targets when hit) can now only trigger every 1.5 seconds, up from 0.75 seconds.
- If you are a Monster with the Nictitating Membrane perk, you will now see the human health of nearby Spacemen, floating above their head.
- Fixed: Perk Icons on HUD sometimes display the wrong perks for Spacemen
- Janitor Perk now spawns with a Fire Extinguisher if no other perks give a secondary weapon. Here are the results of some of the most common perk combinations.
- Action Hero + Janitor, spawns with Assault Rifle, Fire Extinguisher
- Action Hero + Welder + Janitor, spawns with Assault Rifle, Welder
- Janitor + Welder, spawns with Stun Baton, Welder
- If you are a Ghost, you will now see the human health of nearby Spacemen, floating above their head.
- Made some elements of the Ghost HUD a bit more compact.
- The Ghost first person camera has been increased to 100 FOV, from 90 FOV.
Objectives / Machines:
- Radio Jammer beeping noises have been quieted down some.
- Transmitters that are complete are about half as loud as they were previously.
- Health Stations now have a completely new look.
- Bonus Supply Crates now have a completely new look.
- Power Outage Swithces now have a completely new look.
- Landing Pads now have a little dust on their surface, because that's pretty swell.
- Fixed: Last Man Standing can not turn the power back on with a single Generator.
- Research Samples now instantly reset if the carrier was killed by falling off an edge or some other bottomless pit.
- Research Samples now make a distinct noise everyone will hear when they reset to their original position.
- Improved the visuals of the jet particles on the Rescue Shuttle.
- The Company has decided their logo was not quite large enough on the sides of the Rescue Shuttle, so in order to increase brand awareness among all lifeforms being rescued, the logo on the sides has been increased in size.
- Security Cameras now have a brand new look and are now typically attached to the ceiling (but not always.) Cameras are also quite a bit bigger and more obvious. The Monster will, as always, want to destroy these to keep their naughty behavior hidden from prying eyes.
- Security Cameras can now view 360 degrees, instead of just 180 (and in some cases, less.) Due to this design change, many cameras have been moved and redundant cameras have been removed entirely. This is roughly 10-25% reduction of cameras per map, but results in roughly 2x visibility or more. This means the Security Camera system will be quicker to navigate and be more useful in general.
- Some maps have received new Security Cameras or had existing cameras renamed.
- [KNOWN ISSUE] Security Cameras do not yet visually rotate as the viewer looks around with it. (This is a planned feature.)
- PLEASE REPORT ANY SECURITY CAMERA-RELATED ISSUES, such as strange or floating placement, clipping through walls, and other odd behavior cameras should typically not be engaging in.
- **New Weapon:** Railgun. A zoomable long-ranged rifle that fires a single, highly damaging shot, with a long cooldown. The Railgun has a visible laser in the direction it's being aimed at any given time while held. This laser is dimmer when the Railgun is on cooldown. This weapon is only obtainable from a Power Weapon Canister.
- **New Weapon:** Fire Extinguisher. One appears per map per round. This item operates similar to the Flamethrower, spreading widely and overheating fairly quickly. However, the Extinguisher doesn't do any damage to its targets. Instead, it destroys any Flamethrower fire, whether it's being fired at the time or the flame residue on floors, ceilings, and walls. This is a direct counter to the Flamethrower.
- The Fire Extinguisher also has a secondary effect. Any targets (often including the wielder) directly hit by the Extinguisher blast is "Strangled." This will cause the victim to be unable to gain any oxygen, and will cause them to lose oxygen at double the rate, for 5 seconds. This effect can only be triggered again 5 seconds after the last time it happened and does not stack.
- There is now a HUD indicator when you are "Strangled." This has no effect on the Monster but will still appear on the Monster's HUD.
- Power Weapon Canisters have been tweaked in the following ways...
- Power Weapons now unlock slightly sooner than before.
- Emergency Level 2: The Flamethrower now unlocks 2 minutes into the round. (At 13:00)
- Emergency Level 3: The Shotgun OR Sniper Rifle now unlocks 4 minutes into the round. (At 11:00)
- Emergency Level 4: The Shotgun OR Sniper Rifle (whichever was not picked in previous Emergency Level) now unlocks 6 minutes into the round. (At 9:00)
- Emergency Level 5: An Assault Rifle now unlocks 8 minutes into the round. (At 7:00)
- Power Weapon Canisters have a new (unique) unlock sound. (Previously were using the Airlock open noise.)
- Power Weapon Canisters now make a new sound when activated, if you are close enough to hear it.
- Power Weapon Canisters now "chirp" periodically once they have become active. After 30 seconds, it chirps twice, and after about 45 seconds, it chirps three times. After opening, they will continue to periodically emit this chirp until the weapon has been taken by someone. After that, the canister goes inactive as before.
- Gear Item Change: GPS Locator has been renamed to Buddy System.
- If you are holding a health syringe, you will now see the human health of nearby Spacemen, floating above their head.
- Frag Grenade now has more glowy parts than before, for easier identification in dark places.
- Assault Rifle has some more glowy parts than before, for easier identification in dark places.
- Welder finally has a unique look, instead of just being a yellow handgun.
- All items have received new, higher contrast artwork for their HUD icons.
- The Flamethrower and Welder have new HUD icons to reflect their new appearance.
- Noise Grenades now randomly pick between handgun firing sounds and monster claw attack sounds.
- A Fist icon now shows up in empty slots, and an empty item slot is now designated as "FISTS" when active.
- Flare Gun now cools down twice as fast.
- The flames coming out of the front of the flamethrower will no longer hurt the user if they're moving forward. They can still hurt the user if they're in a close area, and all over residue fire will still damage the user as well.
- Fixed: Various issues with flamethrower firing, showing fire particles, or making noise after being dropped, after changing weapons, or after someone has stopped firing it.
- Fixed: The frosty effect on the first person helmet glass sometimes causes other refracted materials (windows, virus containers, sample containers, etc) to appear offset or in the wrong location.
- Tom Videogre's Voice Pack now has the correct Sorry lines.
- Abduction: Various foods have received improved artwork, and some mysterious new food has appeared on the tables around the farmhouse. Probably nothing to do with the UFO floating overhead.
- Gardens: Various regions of the map, particularly The Pinnacle and the farthest exterior walls, have had large art updates. Many 'gray walls' have been replaced by proper, textured walls.
- Gardens: A gap has been filled between the Scaffold and the small building below it.
- Gardens: Fog density has been slightly reduced, and the color has changed to a more strong (but darker) shade of green.
- Gardens: The Pinnacle now has entirely glass floors, greatly modifying the lines of sight within the structure and between floors.
- Hypertrain: Blue car has received some graphical improvements.
- Outpost 13: Medical folding screens in Medical and Lab now have collision.
- Space Bar: Some graphical updates to various rooms and hallways, including better signage on some doors.
- Space Bar: The windows in the projector room have been increased in size and are now large enough to easily jump out of.
- Spaceburbia: Various graphical improvements to Yellow House.
- Spaceburbia: Lighting outside of all the house now reflects the color of the house. For example, Green House now has slightly green outdoor lights.
- Spaceburbia: Overhead map updated to include the Park Storage and Garden behind Yellow House.
- Tidal Lock: The floors have been compressed, making everything much closer (vertically.) Layout is mostly the same. If you find any issues with geometry or other objects being in strange places, as with all bugs, please report it on the Discord #bug_reports channel or the Bug Reports forum on Steam.
- Tidal Lock: Ghosts now collide with drop-bridges. (Duress also has a drop-bridge, they collide with that one too!)
- Tidal Lock: Added an additional ramp near the center of the map, going from Level 2 to Level 3.
- Tidal Lock: Added an oxygenated room and Power Item Spawn to the dark side of Level 1 (Green side.) Previously this side of Level 1 had no oxygenated zones, resulting in far too many negligent deaths, even by The Company's standards.
- Tidal Lock: Level 3 has been substantially updated with a new art and layout for the various crates and containers.
- Tidal Lock: An additional Transmitter position has been added to Level 3.
- Tidal Lock: Ceiling Airlock in the small building on Level 3 can no longer be triggered through the wall and the building now has a sloped ceiling to increase effectiveness of the ceiling airlock.
- Tidal Lock: The drop-bridge spikes now extend down most of the bridge, increasing chance to be hit by them on any of the lower levels.
What's next? That's a great question. I'll let you know soon!