v0.2.11 "Microlensing"Summary: In the 8th update of 2017, Zag brings the fastest vlog in the west, tons of new features, improved Ghost spectating modes, and a space-truckload of "quality o' life" polish. Read on, and check out the vlog below, for more!
We play Unfortunate Spacemen every Saturday at 11 AM PST! Join our Discord chat to take part in the fun! Also, about 90% of this patch consists of changes and fixes from direct community feedback via the Discord server. Excellent.
UPDATE: HOTFIX 0.2.11a
You'll know you have the patch by the watermark "0.2.11a" (the "a" being the important part)
- Fixed: Lock door arrows show up if you're holding a large item like a canister or crate and are unable to interact with the door.
- Fixed: Lock door arrows show up when a door is welded (and unable to be manipulated.)
- Fixed: Floating first person handgun during initial 'prep' phase right before the match begins.
- Fixed: Main Menu Customization Spaceman's left hand is not properly holding their weapon.
- Stun Baton now does 10 damage to Spacemen, if Electrolocking is successful.
- Stun Baton now does 20 damage to Monster in Monster Form, if Electrolocking is successful.
- Stun Baton charges increased to 10, from 5.
- Stun Baton originally could not stun the same target again for 5 seconds. That cooldown has been lowered to 4 seconds.
- Potential Fix: Security Guard helmet texture not displaying properly.
// end of hotfix changes //
The Salt Stick:
- The Salt Stick -- er, Stun Baton has been completely redesigned to offer a more fun experience for both the stunner and the stunee.
- Upon being hit by the Stun Baton, you are now "Electrolocked." Unlike "Suit Lock," Electrolocking only inhibits certain actions. You can still look and move around, Monster dodge, and shove, but you can not attack, fire weapons, lay eggs, burrow, blink, use your keycard, or interact with items or objectives in any capacity.
- Electrolocking lasts for 5 seconds, and (as previously with being Stunned) can not be performed on a target that has been recently Electrolocked. As before, failure to Electrolock a target does NOT consume a Stun Baton charge.
- Stun Baton now has 5 charges, up from 4.
- There is now a unique icon on the bottom center of your HUD for when you a Electrolocked (as opposed to Suit Lock.)
- The Stun Baton swing rate has been greatly reduced. You can now swing the Stun Baton every 0.5 seconds, down from 2 seconds.
- Fixed: When the Stun Baton is in secondary slot, the first person holding animation is incorrect.
- You can no longer crouch / uncrouch if you have done so within 0.25 seconds.
- Monster Burrowing now takes slightly longer.
- Fixed: Monster sometimes falls through the ground after unburrowing
- Fixed: Chocolate Milk still triggers when getting launched out of an EME or when falling off a map
- Fixed: Door panels sometimes don't show up as a ghost.
- Fixed: Doors sometimes don't go to the proper location/rotation when broken, sometimes resulting in a blocked doorway.
- For better spectating, Ghosts can now see the outlines of Spacemen (in blue) and Spacemen corpses (in red), and can see them through walls. To keep things ambiguous, outlines offer no distinction between the Monster and the Spacemen.
- Murderers (A non-Monster Spaceman who killed someone on their "team") are now outlined (in orange) to the Monster. The previous indicator (a skull waypoint) has been removed.
- Eggs and Acid Bombs are now outlined (in orange) to the monster. The previous egg/bomb waypoint indicators have been removed.
- Decapitated heads are just a bit messier now.
- Last Hit By information is now cleared if the target does not die from the damage. This should prevent cases where someone is marked as a murderer when the person they hit last was killed by "natural" (non-player) causes several minutes later.
- Void Beast perk is now literally a black hole monster. This is mostly a cosmetic effect of the perk, but also aids in obscuring the monster's location, and Spacemen who are inside the monster's radius may find themselves feeling... isolated.
- Monster footsteps are now silent with the Void Beast perk.
- You can now swap to an empty item slot at any time, meaning you can now access your punching fists any time you want to punch things with your fists.
- The Chocolate Milk perk no longer takes the user into third person.
- The Chocolate Milk perk now Electrolocks the user for its duration, disallowing them from doing much else besides run around, jump, and shove.
- Fixed: Burrow cooldown meter is incorrect after unburrowing.
- Interaction text is now entirely gone if Suit Locked or Electrolocked.
- There is a new sound when a new Ghost appears. All other Ghosts will hear this sound, accompanied by a message in chat, declaring so-and-so has joined them in the afterlife.
- Acid bomb passive "purring" noise has been increased in volume.
- Fixed: Can sometimes get stuck in the camera system, unable to leave.
- Sounds are now muffled when in a de-oxygenated zone.
- Oxygen zones are more reliable now in how they perform.
- The frosty visor effect when in a de-oxygenated area now has proper icy refraction and the icy edges take up a bit less room on the edges of the visor.
- "COLOR just killed SAME COLOR" will no longer show up and instead a "killed themselves" message will show up.
- Fixed: Doors could sometimes not be hit by Monster Claw attacks while locked.
- Entirely redesigned how the Monster is picked in order to prevent the same person getting picked as Monster twice. If multiple players are opting in, the person who was Monster last round should not be picked again unless no one else opts in.
- Monster Form now has a unique crosshair.
- Fixed: Sometimes the first person weapon will be visible or invisible in certain circumstances where it should or shouldn't.
- Escape menu should now be closeable with the Start button on a controller.
- Fixed: First person Monster legs have the wrong texture on them.
- Objective waypoints (Research Samples, Transmitters) now show up to Ghosts.
- Fixed: Landing Pad "RESCUE" waypoint sometimes not showing up in some cases
- Generators now have a better contained-mini-blackhole effect.
- Fixed: Debris near your character is still waypointed from a distance when viewing security cameras.
- There are now 24 Steam Achievements.
- 2 are secret (hidden) achievements.
NOTE: Bots do not count towards achievements unless specifically stated otherwise.
- RTFM: Read The Abridged Spacemen's Guide
- No One Gets Out Alive!: As Monster, win the game with all the Spacemen dead.
- True Survivor: As a Spaceman, land the killing blow on the Monster.
- Not So Fast!: As a Spaceman, kill a Monster with the Posterior Claws perk.
- Space Madness: Be the last Spaceman alive in a game with 5 or more players.
- Unleash The Beast!: As Monster, kill 3 Spacemen with Monster Claws in a single round.
- I'm The Real Yellow!: As the Monster, be disguised as someone else's color as they are murdered by their fellow Spacemen.
- Personal Bubble: As a Void Beast, kill a spaceman with your claws.
- Leaving on a Jet Shuttle: As a Spaceman, escape in the Rescue Shuttle.
- The beginnings of the Handyman achievement set, which will be 8 achievements (2 added in this path, the remaining 6 at a later date.) When all are in place, this achievement set will unlock a special reward in a later patch.
- Handyman 1 - Employee of the Month: Become Employee of the Month!
- Handyman 2 - High Value Employee: Become Employee of the Month with 3000 points or more.
- One Way Trip: As Monster, shove an unsuspecting Spaceman into an Emergency Mass Ejector
- Lock and Load!: Create a perk loadout.
- Just Borrowing: As a Spaceman, steal someone else's keycard.
- Come Out, Come Out...: As a Spaceman, knock the Monster out of shapeshift form with a well-placed Stun Grenade.
- Probing Questions: As a Spaceman, reveal the Monster with a health syringe.
- Equal Opportunity: Complete The Company's Non-Discriminatory Training Course
- Unconvinced: As a Spaceman, kill the Monster while it's in a shapeshifted form.
- True Survivor: As a Spaceman, land a killing blow on the Monster.
- Persuasive: As the Monster, kill a Spaceman with a weapon they were the last owner of. Grenades do not count.
- Participation Trophy: Be the first Spaceman to die, but Spacemen still win the round. (Requires at least 4 other players in the round)
- Good Guess: As a Spaceman, kill a shapeshifted Monster with a single Frag Grenade, from full health.
- All weapons now have a crosshair unique to that weapon.
- Crosshair now animates when switching weapons, because dat triple-A polish.
- Crosshair now animates when picking up any new items or gear.
- Put in a fix for resolving whether or not someone has already taken an item, and various fixes for bugs encountered when two people try to take an item at the same time.
- The Shotgun and Flamethrower have been switched in unlocking order.
- Emergency Level 2: The Flamethrower now begins to unlock after 3 minutes.
- Emergency Level 3: The Shotgun now begins to unlock after 5 minutes.
- Emergency Level 4: An Assault Rifle now begins to unlock from a Weapon Canister after 9 minutes.
- Weapon unlock notification now clearly states "[WEAPON] UNLOCKS IN 1 MINUTE"
- Fixed: The weapon in a Weapon Canister visually 'pops in.' (Note: Item can only be grabbed once open animation is complete. This is by design.)
- The Assault Rifle no longer spawns from regular item spawns.
- Bots can no longer spawn with an Assault Rifle.
- Shotgun damage (per shot) to Spacemen is now 7, down from 9.
- The Shotgun now has a darker metal texture and a slightly more yellow glow color.
- If door is welded, it now repairs at 1/4th the normal rate.
- Fixed a potential efficiency problem with the Flamethrower's projectiles affecting the bot navigation mesh.
- The Flamethrower has a new look and is a tad less bulky.
- New Helmet: The Turbine helmet can now be purchased. It's a domed helmet with a high collar and a large, animated jet turbine on the mouth. Try not to sneeze too hard.
- New Helmet: The Odyssey helmet can now be purchased. It's a large cylindrical helmet sporting a classic and somewhat familiar look. It's not full of stars, it's just full of your head.
- New Helmet: The Beholder helmet can now be purchased. This helmet displays the visor across four unique "eyes," for a terrifying look no matter which way you go. Eye puns are too on the nose.
- New Helmet: The Engineer helmet can now be purchased. It's a domed helmet with full rear radiation coverage and twin radio antennae. You ain't afraid of no radiation.
- The Visor Picker menu has been made far more compact, to show more visors at once without having to scroll.
- Many helmets have had their normal maps corrected, resulting in improved lighting.
- Many visors have had their normal maps corrected, resulting in improved lighting.
The Company's Non-Discriminatory Training Course:
- Added The Company logo to a few places in the tutorial.
- Fixed: A blank Spacemen would appear in the Rescue Shuttle near end of the tutorial.
- Fixed: Health Station would wait for 10 seconds before continuing the tutorial. Now it continues the moment you are done healing.
- Fixed: After obtaining the Keycard in the tutorial, it has a 30 second cooldown.
- Fixed: Cameras are accessible in the tutorial.
- Fixed: Resetting at a checkpoint after death can make you fall through the ground.
- Fixed: Bots at the end have keycards you can steal.
- When the firearm is removed, the word "forcibly" has been added to the HUD warning.
- Doors are no longer destructible in the tutorial.
- Doors are sometimes not "perma-locked" when they should be, allowing the player to break the tutorial by progressing quicker than intended. A permanent "hard-fix" has been put in for this and it should no longer be an issue in future patches.
- The Rescue Shuttle can no longer crush Spacemen in the tutorial.
- Time has been removed from the top of the HUD.
- Current Task has been moved to the top of the screen, to better make the connection to new players that the top of your screen is where your primary task is located during normal gameplay.
- Spaceburbia has received a basic graphical update to reduce the amount of textureless walls and other grayboxy features. This map is still heavily considered a work in progress.
- Spaceburbia: New lobby map image
- Space Bar has received a basic graphical update to reduce the amount of textureless walls and other grayboxy features. This map is still heavily considered a work in progress.
- Space Bar: The Kitchen now has furnishings, to a degree.
- Space Bar: The Freezer (formerly called The Fridge) now has shelves.
- Space Bar: The projector areas now have projector machine thingies.
- Space Bar: New lobby map image
Definitely working on proximity VOIP next, as it's one of the last big things affecting game balance. Expect something with that in 0.2.12!