v0.2.8 "Buff Welder"Summary: In the 5th update of 2017, Zag's dropped you a MegaVlog featuring the last 4 updates, plus this update! Welder can now weld doors shut and communication of objective status has been greatly improved. And more!
We play Unfortunate Spacemen every Saturday at 11 AM PST! Join our Discord chat to take part in the fun! Also, about 90% of this patch consists of changes and fixes from direct community feedback via the Discord server. Excellent.
Change Notes:New and Improved Welder!
- When holding a Welder, you can now right-click on a door in order to weld the door shut. This is intended to allow Monsters to create stronger traps, and also allow Spacemen to seal off areas of the map or inconvenience a pursuing Monster. The Welder will overheat and can not be used (for welding OR repairing) during cooldown. Welding is currently instantaneous and accompanied by a distinct noise. Welded Doors must be destroyed in order to re-open them.
Note: The welder was terrible. Just terrible. Now it's pretty cool. - Zag
- Door Hit Points have been reduced from 600 to 500, making them a bit easier to destroy.
- (Rough) Shoving animation now shows in first person [known issue: host may not always see shoving in first person]
- (Rough) Punching animation now shows to other players
- (Rough) Monster claw attack animation now shows to other players
- Monster Transforming animation no longer slides around (Legs now animate walking/moving while transforming)
- Netcode for Colorblindness Jar has been re-written, resulting in less network traffic and higher reliability of events/status.
- Colorblindness indicator now shows [ IMMUNE ] if you have the Antibodies Perk or if you're the Monster.
- Colorblind Virus jar now has obvious "cracked glass" when broken
- Fixed an issue where Health Station screen textures would be blurry for a moment when using a health station.
- To other Spacemen, Flashlights now properly follows where the user is looking.
- Objective statuses and completion now show up at all times on the left-hand side of the HUD. You can still hold TAB to expand into more specific detail or descriptions of each task.
- Landing Pads have a new look; more grime and details and some lighting along the edges.
- Landing Pads now have orange-red lights when they are not cleared of debris. When all the debris is cleared from a Landing Pad, the lights become a greenish-yellow color.
- Landing Pads are also silver/gray metal again, instead of gold.
- Landing Pads are now properly numbered in the HUD and interface, indicated by L1, L2, and L3.
- Landing Pad location and number now show up on the HUD at all times during gameplay.
- Landing Pad location and number now show up on the overhead map at all times.
- Landing Pads now have their corresponding number painted in the center.
Note: Landing Pad numbering changes every round, so "Landing Pad 1" might be a different place than last round. - Zag
- Rescue Shuttle Landing Location is now marked on HUD and overhead map (and has a brand new new icon)
- Emergency Mass Ejector icons have been flipped upside down, so the arrows go upwards, because this probably makes more sense for something that launches things into space.
- When using a Scanner, Research Samples that are sealing or sealed now have a box around them to indicate this. Unsealed Samples have no box and are a slightly lighter shade of green.
- Objectives Panel is now hidden if there is a camera speaker (e.g. Shuttle Pilot) on the HUD.
KNOWN ISSUE: There is a 50% chance the shuttle will not think you're inside it when it takes off. This will result in death. Still investigating the cause of this check failure. - Zag
- Kema has had numerous pathways opened up with doors, new walkways, and broken railings (where railings were previously unbroken.) Hopefully this will allow better map-flow and result in far less dead ends.
- Kema has had some graphical updates on various walls, and the fog color has been tweaked some. Lighting levels and fog are still considered a work in progress.
- Gardens: Fixed doors appearing at weird angles after being repaired.
- Spaceburbia: Fixed gates appearing at weird angles after being repaired.
- Warmup (loadout selection) screen now has a brand new look.
- Intro message (stating which 'team' you're on) now has an icon and a different overall look when the game begins.
- Upon spawning, your color now drifts to lower right as it fades out.
- The game credits screen has been cleaned up a bit and made more compact.
- The Game Over screen is now a bit more compact and cleaner.
- Monster Color is now declared immediately when the game ends, accompanied by a bloody cool animation.
Boom. Updated. Enjoy, astronauts! Next patch will include the long-awaited forest biodome, Hylophobia. <3, Zag