v0.2.4 "Filthy Parasites"Summary: New patch. No vlog this time, but lots of great fixes, new parasite animations, weapon responsiveness, and more! I (Zag) am now hosting weekly community matches at 11 AM PST, every Saturday on our Discord! Don't miss out! Read on for dev vlog and patch notes!
General / Spacemen Gameplay:
- In an effort to make things more responsive on clients, even (especially) when laggy, many tweaks have been made to make gunplay and other interactions feel much smoother and more responsive.
- You can no longer interrupt your button push animation with another button push if you are already pushing a button.
- Weapon switching is now instant on the client side, meaning even if you're lagging, you can still switch to your other weapon right away with no lag or delay.
- Firing effects (sounds, recoil) have all been moved to the client, meaning firing a weapon feels more instantaneous even if the resulting bullet takes a moment to hit its target due to high latency.
- The prompt and interaction for stealing a keycard instantly goes away now once the card has been taken. You can no longer spam keycard stealing on a single target. (This didn't affect gameplay or provide additional keycards, it was just visually amusing. FUN SILLY BUG REMOVED.)
- Spacemen are no longer automatically removed from cameras when their oxygen is depleting. They will now only be removed from cameras when they take actual damage to their health.
- Overhead Map no longer gets 'scrambled' with objective icons from the previous round(s).
- Overhead Map no longer stays open if you are killed while viewing it.
- The damage noise (when YOU get hit) volume has been lowered a bit, and now has a little more variety.
- The EME HUD waypoint can now be seen clearly on foggy or dusty maps.
- Fixed a bug where some Emergency Mass Ejector objects would get stuck in the upper tube when preparing to launch.
- Fixed a bug where some Emergency Mass Ejector objects would still be grabbable after they were supposed to have already launched, allowing them (while invisible) to be moved, carried, and even scored repeatedly.
- Monster Taunt Sound when selected as Monster in Warmup Screen is now a bit quieter
- Monster Color Picker no longer stays open if you are killed while viewing it.
- The Egg Parasite now has entirely new artwork and can be seen crawling out of the egg [GIF] when it's activated.
- Egg Parasite now hatches from the egg and faces (follows) its nearest potential target if one is available.
- Egg Parasite now has a leap animation.
- Fixed bug where in some cases other players could not see a Parasite attached to someone's face.
- Cleaned up some of the Parasite attack logic to be more consistent.
- The Parasite now has a new and louder sound when it emerges from its egg
- The Parasite now has a new and louder sound when it leaps at its target
- Changed parasite-on-visor art to match the new artwork
- Monster Decoy now correctly respects Big Head Mode.
- Fixed bug where Monster could not eat Spacemen corpses when it should have been able to.
- Improved the visuals on Thermal Footprints and not because Rainbow Six Siege totally stole my idea
Angels / Heaven:
- Spectator cameras no longer have the "TV" effect over them and therefore now show the true-color and look of the scene.
- Death cameras no longer rotate or spin on their own and can be manipulated in some cases with the mouse.
- Added slight vignette to the spectator cameras.
- The color "Skin" has been changed to "Flesh" because Rygizons from the Xsh'bantu Nebula were offended that their iridescent blue skin color was left out of The Company's alien-awareness initiatives.
- Tidal Lock: Moved a few player spawns that were intersecting furniture.
- Architects: Fixed a totally hidden and secret easter egg no one knew about or whatever
- Gardens: Removed a player spawn that was outside
- Spaceburbia now has some distance fog and improved lighting.
Lobby and Menus:
- Lobby: The Host can now choose to play on a Random Map, instead of picking one specifically.
- Lobby: Customization Spacemen no longer rotates (locally or on network) and the buttons for rotation have been hidden
- Cleaned up UI on the Server Browser a bit
- Fixed issue where Perk Button icons (when being selected) were covering the selection and lock-in indicators.
- The menu "Stat Card" in the top right now has a dark gray background, instead of blue.
- New Host Match Setting: Unlimited Time. [GIF] If this option is checked, the round will only end if objectives are completed or if one "team" is eliminated.
- New Host Match Setting: No Rescue Shuttle. If this option is checked, the Spacemen can still do objectives (for Employee Points) but will never be rescued by a Shuttle and must kill the Monster in order to win.
- Fixed bug where Show Killer HP wasn't properly being set.
Items and Perks:
- Most guns (including Welder) now have a muzzle flash/effect in first person.
- Cleaned up the art for third person muzzle flash on weapons.
- The Shotgun now has 3rd person animations [GIF], including pump action after shots as well as when it overheats.
- Multiple weapons now have a unique equip sound when switching to them.
- The Scanner now shows the Monster on the overhead map if they are in Monster Form (and don't have Chitin, which still hides Monster from the overhead map)
- Stun Baton max charges reduced to 8, from 10
- Shotgun now has a steam/cooloff particle effect when it animates during the overheat sequence.
- Fixed Assault Rifle's muzzle flash in wrong location
- Handgun fire sound is a tiny bit quieter
Other Changes / Fixes:
- Mouse sensitivity can now go all the way down to 0.001