THE BETA IS HERE! You'll know you're on the new Beta patch by the watermark at the top middle of your screen. It should look something like this.
v0.2.0 "Excellent Beta"Summary: The most excellent beta is here. New dev vlog, new community video (yes, TWO videos!), tons of bug fixes, a brand new snowy bunker map, new first person arms, and a whole bunch more! Full patch notes can be found below these two videos.
Spacemen / General Gameplay:
- Totally new first person arms for the Spacemen! This includes new animations for unarmed, punching, holding the Health Syringe and Stun Baton, and holding and throwing grenades.
- The end-round scoreboard now shows Fun Facts about the game, such as who had been eaten by a parasite, or got acid on their entire body and internal organs.
- Emote Radial Menu is now closeable with the same hotkeys you can use to open it.
- Fixed some bugs with innocent kill messages showing up for the wrong player.
- Reduced Night Vision bloom effect on Cameras and with the Vision Enhancer
- Security Camera Night Vision now has a slightly wider radius for better viewing
- Transmitter 'halted' buzzer now has a voice accompanying it that loudly declares "TRANSMITTER OFFLINE." This was added due to many new players not understanding what the loud buzzing noise was.
Hopefully this will solve that, and also make it slightly more obvious when a Transmitter has been shut off nearby.
- Spacemen and Monster perks now have new icons for much better readability and now share a unified art style
- If a player color is invalid for any reason, it will no longer show up as a button on the Monster's color selection menu.
- *NEW MAP* Snowswept: Alongside the tunnels that wind this wintery vale, something else twists itself through ice and snow...
- Space Bar: New lobby map image
- Space Bar: Now has space-trucks and other vehicles in the landing lots outside, as well as significant visual upgrades all throughout the map, as well as the skybox.
- Architects: Minor upgrades to the map, lighting, and add some landmarks for better navigation.
- Hypertrain: New lobby map image
- Hypertrain: Large graphical improvements across the map
- Hypertrain: Added connected walkways on top of all the train cars to give the Monster more routes to gain the upper hand
- Hypertrain: Added a couple drop-in hatches to aid the Monster in travel, as well as stalking and ambushing prey.
- Hypertrain: Fixed issue where some doors lost their coloration
- Kema: Optimized lighting for better performance
- Kema: Potential fix for Greenhouse trees acting weird and stretching across the screen
- Echo: Fixed missing oxygen volume in the corner of Pink Room
- Echo: Fixed Yellow Hall oxygen volume, Spacemen should no longer be able to get Oxygen when outside the hall in the Main Hangar
- Echo: Reduced blinding light intensity in one of The Tube rooms
- Echo: Filled some holes that needed filling
- Spaceburbia: Kitchens inside homes now have tiled floors and all other rooms have shag carpet. Yeah. Really.
- Spaceburbia: Added more detail, particularly in kitchens, the main road, and some walls.
- Gardens: New lobby map image
- Gardens: Massive visual upgrade to the entire map
- Gardens: A small oxygenated room now exists on the East side of the map, in the lower trench
- Gardens: Optimized the foliage shaders in this map for better performance, but also made the foliage visible from further away.
- Lobby: Improved the background scene to the game lobby, and moved the camera some.
- Space Heaven: Bot floppy discs now properly fall from the sky when a bot dies
- Space Heaven: A few new visuals and a bit easier on the eyes
- Optimized a bunch of textures to use less space (this should decrease game download size a good bit)
- All 3D font present in levels (things like signage above doors) now use a font that matches the style of the rest of the game.
- Toned down some of the specular effects on various textures, to better fit the desired artistic theme.
- All glass rendering is now slightly better on performance
- Suit Locked HUD indicator should no longer appear blurry under any circumstances, and now looks a bit better.
- HUD waypoints no longer get covered by fog or dust and will show in full color, even from far away, making it easier to find things around various low-visibility maps such as Architects and Kema.
- Improved artwork of menu buttons and menu popups
- Error popups now feature an orange background, instead of the typical blue
- Changed some fonts in the menus to better match the desired theme and style
Misc Stuff / Fixes:
- Fixes for Spacemen spawning without being properly assigned a color
- Fixes for various game reset issues and playing consecutive matches without restarting the application.
- Potential fix for Vision Enhancer not turning off when swapping it for another gear item
- Potential fix for a player's black screen getting stuck black after a round ends with fade-to-black event
- Potential fix for chocolate milk regen not displaying properly
- Fixed a bug where Spacemen with the Chocolate Milk perk could survive being launched by an EME, Airlock, or falling off the map
- Fixed two places where the game was throwing errors on startup
- Updated and re-organized the credits screen
- If a Spaceman leaves the game, the character now dies, instead of blipping out of existance, or not properly going away at all.
- Big fixes to player disconnect and end-game logic
- Big fixes to various mouse cursor / disappearing cursor issues
- Fixed various issues with overhead map failing to come up on screen when it should
- Reduced font size on a few menus
- Removed player's Steam ID from version watermark at the top of the screen
- The server browser now tells you when no servers were found, and suggests the player join our Discord (http://discord.gg/sandswept) to get a game going with other people!