New patch is LIVE! You'll know you're on the new patch by the watermark at the top middle of your screen.
New Dev Vlog!
Summary: A new dev vlog! A new map, new perks, new items, and more!
- Much of this patch's development time went into fixing join/late-join issues, particularly involving an internal Unreal Engine bug out of our control. We upgraded UE4 to 4.12.5 and it seems to have corrected the issue. Please report any remaining issues with joining, late joining, and 'possessing' (assuming control of) your character when you join a game. Thank you for your patience with this issue!
- NEW MAP: Spaceburbia. A small quiet space suburb set on a massive space station. Everything is very normal in this neighborhood, and nothing suspicious ever happens.
- Echo: Spacemen on the roof of The Tube should no longer be in the oxygen zone of the The Tube.
- NEW SPACEMAN PERK: Chocolate-Flavored Space-Milk (or Chocolate Milk, for short.) When not on cooldown, upon reaching low health or lethal damage, you will chug Chocolate Milk and restore to full health. However, during this time you will be stunned. Afterwards, you will gain increased (Spaceman) movement speed for 5 seconds. 5 minute cooldown. Blast Shield will NOT be triggered if this is available at the time of lethal damage.
- UPDATED SPACEMAN PERK: If they have a keycard, Security Guard perk now allows the Spaceman to use their keycard to override a locked door thereby unlocking it.
- UPDATED SPACEMAN PERK: Security Guard perk now spawns the Spaceman with a Stun Baton instead of a Handgun. The Security Guard perk will override the Assault Rifle from the Action Hero perk. (You can't spawn with the Action Hero Assault Rifle if you have Security Guard perk)
- Punching is now a thing. If you have no items in your hand, you can punch for very low damage. Currently has a sound effect, but no animation.
- Transmitter, Generator, and EME locations now show up on the map for everyone.
- Removed existing Transmitter/Generator/EME locations on the overhead map graphics for all maps.
- NEW MONSTER PERK: Void Beast. Unlocked at Rank 21. You become a void beast from the blackest depths of space. Dark whispers and mist follow you wherever you go while in Monster Form. When you press B, instead of burrowing, you teleport a short distance with your Void Blink ability.
- NEW GEAR ITEM: Scanner. When opening the map, or every 8 seconds while the map is open, the Scanner will reveal the current location of every remaining Debris pile, Research Sample, and Spaceman (whether dead or alive, without indication of which.) Great for hunting down Spacemen, grouping up, or locating the remaining objectives. Only 1 Scanner will spawn per round.
- NEW ITEM: Stun Baton. Zaps anyone in range, stunning them in place for 2 seconds. Has 3 charges before being destroyed. Security Guard perk spawns with a Stun Baton. Does not yet work on bots.
- Oxygen Tank icon updated to better match style of other icons.
- Handgun Buff: The Handgun's Damage-To-Monster is now 8.5 per shot, up from 7. Damage against Spacemen / Spaceman form is unchanged.
New Spaceman Colors Added:
- Watermelon (pinkish)
- Chocolate Chip (brown)
- Pineapple (yellow)
- Peach (peachy orange)
- Beige (beige)
- Vomit (gross green)
- Coffee (brown)
- Calcium (white)
- Radium (bright green)
- Iron (dark gray)
- Titanium (blue-gray, near white)
- Cobalt (darker blue)
- The Perk Selection Menu now displays the required rank to unlock a locked perk.
- Fixed an issue where Spacemen would sometimes get a blank (appears black) color on round start or when joining the game.
- Fixed an issue where invisible walls (to stop Spacemen from wandering out of bounds) would also block bullets.
- Spacemen no longer animate looking up or down. Something broke with our animation blending setup when we upgraded to UE4 4.12.5 and we'll need to suss out what it was. For now, this is turned off in the interest of getting the patch available.
- Due to a bug in Unreal Engine, our interactable objects randomly lose their unique "Use Object" text string (example: Press E to Lock Door) and instead show "Press E to Use Object." This will be corrected, but generally has to be overridden by hand and takes a lot of time. We're looking towards Epic for a fix on this one. Thanks for your patience!